Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Creating Better Images


I've always been drawn to photography. I was always the kid with a plastic camera in my hand at family gatherings and reunions. I joined the news paper staff in high school just so I could use a professional camera. For years I freelanced in the fashion industry and lets just say it wasn't for me. Then one day I happened upon an industry that I was never aware of. I had no clue that there was an industry dedicated to creative fresh portraiture. Once I had a glimpse into this world I became obsessed. Daily on my lunch breaks I searched the internet for more inspiration to feed my curiosity.  Naturally I wanted to learn so I went in search for workshops. Luckily I was blessed to find a workshop being thrown by to lovely ladies, Jennifer Bowen and Kimberly Jarman. One year ago I attended the Creating Better Images workshop in Tempe Arizona( http://createbetterimages.com/). If you'd like to learn in a hands on environment with two very supportive and empowering photographers I'd start here. I know this is very late but thank you Kimberly and Jennifer! Your workshop helped me in more ways than you'd know. Check out some of these images I shot at their workshop. I was totally rusty and freaking out but it was a great experience.





 

No comments: